Building Your Power team is about identifying the people who you need to hire, prioritizing the order in which to hire them, and how to go about finding the right people. You will learn about details on how to you create synergy among them and how to manage your team with successful managerial approaches.
Through this course, the student will be able to do and understand all the following:
- Recite and respect the importance to your business of having a team
- Identify the areas where a team brings success and growth to your business
- Distinguish between working “In” versus “On” your business.
- Insert key elements into a vision that will drive your business
- See the impacts of sharing a vision and written goals on your team and success
- Practice techniques for managing a cohesive and loyal team
- Identify the first positions needed for your in-house team
- Prepare for the next wave of positions needed as your company grows
- Know how to separate roles with various positions
- Identify the positions needed for your outside team
- Understand the responsibilities of in-house versus outside
- Learn where to find these positions
- Be able to write a meaningful job description that shows company enthusiasm.
- Understand the steps for finding the right person
- Identify the critical qualities of your candidates
- Develop the pre-interview preparation and interview questions
- Identify the essential employment agreements
- Acknowledge the importance of key elements for an employee handbook
- Know how to communicate your core processes to the respective staff
- Prioritize the necessity of delegating
- Manage your staff to foster both growth and loyalty
Within this course, there are 7 lessons that provide a solid overview of what you will need to know on how to build your power team that will build then lead your business to success.
- Impacts of Having a Team
- Establishing the Vision and Culture
- Assembling Your In-House Team
- Assembling Your Outside Team
- Interviewing Your Candidates
- Proactive Employment Documentation
- Managing People and Processes
Within this course, you will be given a variety of exercises to work through after each training video. These assignments can be accomplished alone or with your team. They will reinforce concepts with real-world, practical experiences.
There is an assessment or quiz following each lesson. To successfully complete the quizzes you must get a score of 70% or higher. Assessments focus on the critical elements of the course material, testing your understanding and retention of the course content.
Throughout the course, documents, scripts and sample templates will be provided to support your understanding of the course content. These templates will also be useful in current and future REI endeavors. Please remember that these are templates and are for educational use only.